dimanche, mai 20, 2007

I have just finished watching THE QUEEN on dvd. It is about THE QUEEN, not any queen/queer, but the one that rules the kingdom of English people. It won some Oscars, yadda yadda. And I thought it was pretty good. I had never, in my free time, tried to imagine the Queen in her pjs, having a cuppa tea nor sitting around the family room watching tv. Why are they watching tv?

There, there. That’s my problem, like everyone else. I haven’t thought of them as fellow humans beings. In fact I rarely try to picture the Royal life, I do more often try to dream how it is like being a rock star.

This weekend I tried to lock myself up. I was doing really good. I rejected, unwillingly, a lot of invitations (which surprises me) to go hang out. Then S have to call on Sunday, around 145pm, to lure me out of the cave. By then I was twitchy. I had been pacing my apartment, and those of you who have been to my apt know exactly how much space I have to pace in.

I can’t go out! I am broke! I can’t spend any money! And I know you’ll want to go eat something sometime!” I was yelling.

But I conceded defeat of my own restlessness. She said we’re going to the Legion of Honor Museum and NO, no excuses as it is free for all Bank of America account holders for the month of May.

So, YAY!

Four exceptionally awesome yet crazy girls in a car. Two - nursing some fresh heart wounds from recent break-ups. One – in severe physical back pain. One – confused about her life and the recent changes. One – hoping to get to eat some good Poke salad sometime today. Three – will never understand men. One – will never understand women, including herself. Four – would love to go home tonight and each find some wonderful person waiting for her (with a home-cooked meal, foot massage, flowers, blah blah you know the works).


Oh the museum was so sparkling beauty. The exhibits that is. FRENCH JEWELRY. Need I say more? Especially the art nouveau ones. I love that era. And you know when to find me when I get my hands on those Teleporting super powers like Hiro from HEROES! But wait a minute, do you think they have little Asian girls hanging around in Paris at that time? Not talking about slaves, of course!


So the adventures came to an end at Roadside BBQ. So yes, we went for some ribs but T took care of me as I covered her ass the previous time. Another YAY for friendship!

And today my hair looked good despite me doing nothing. So YAY again.

Oh, back to the movie. Does anyone still remember how they felt when the news of Princess Diana’s death occurred?

Aucun commentaire: