dimanche, novembre 09, 2008

Overheard

"I can't find Jesus! I'm looking for him but I don't know where he is!"

This statement caught my attention as I was checking out the wooden nutcrackers on the clearance shelf at the local crafts store this weekend. I turned my head around to the source and saw a distraught Hispanic woman, in her late 40s, looking at the arrangement of X'mas ornaments that are at 40% off.

I smirked. She caught me observing her and shy away as our eyes met. The inner prankster in me wanted to response to her exclamation by saying: "You can stop looking now Lady for JC is all around us. Just look with your heart." (O-kay my fellow Christian friends, I'm just being silly.)

Apart from all the crazy sales around me, I didn't know hanging out at the local crafts store would be such joy. This is what the entire store heard over the PA system earlier on.

"Paging for BOB (made-up name)! Come to the front register RIGHT NOW!"

The voice thundered over the store as all shoppers kinda froze for a second as the announcement was made. I heard plenty of sniggers and "uh crap!' commentary. A young dad who sat his toddler down on a bunch of merchandise near me playfully imitated the voice: "Right Now! Someone is in troubleeee! Uh oh!" The little girl chuckled and I did too. He saw me and immediately shy away like how the Jesus-seeking lady did.

I didn't mean to eavesdrop on others' conversation but I'm beginning to think that I will hang out in this store more often from now on. I am easily amused, am I?

2 commentaires:

karenthecat a dit…

mn MIA!

cnmmnc a dit…

i think there's nothing wrong with eavesdropping in public...just try to keep ur face straight willya...haha