vendredi, février 05, 2010

Bon Anniversaire

A good 364 days ago, the bf & I "signed a contract" to be an item. And tomorrow, we will re-visit the very Japanese izakaya restaurant where I bullied him into this relationship. My treat this time because I am a very generous person :p

We have talked about this impending day and he said he probably would like to look over the fine print this time before he signs on for another year on my palm. Yes, my palm. Actually, he signed on both of my palms last year. I think it meant more than signing in blood, plus less messy.

The first time I asked him about how he felt, he said it felt like it was 10 years, not 1. I didn't know if he was joking or not. But I certainly felt that we had been together longer than a year. It must be because of the tempestuous year I just had, and what happened to me also directly affected him. And I can only be glad that it was him, who was/is by my side.

We thought about going away for the weekend. But since we're both heading for a great vacay soon of two wonderful Asian countries, we'll save our pennies until then. Coincidentally, next weekend is also Vomitine's day. Not that I'm looking forward to it, it's just a name tag on a date. The more worthy of it all is that the Chinese New Year falls on the same day.

I came home after him tonight, not noticing the two bouquets of dozen roses on my computer table. Red and pink. And a purple envelope with stuff poking out. Heh heh. He said one's for the past year and the other is for the next year to come... ...and then some.A man who knows how to get to me is worth keeping alive—food, in a form of chocolate and heart shaped, deep fried, presented to me first thing in the morning, after letting me sleep in.

6 commentaires:

nineteen80 shopgirls a dit…

so sweet!! i am jealous!!

Clara a dit…

Well done Ben!! Albeit the slightly smashed chocolate...:p This one is definitely a keeper!

Anonyme a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blog.
karenthecat a dit…

awww! did the year go by so quickly or what

Anonyme a dit…

Happy Anniversary! - Alison

Anonyme a dit…

so sweet...... aahhhhhhh