dimanche, février 28, 2010

My Birthday Month!

It's kinda bittersweet isn't it? As I get older, birthdays are not really celebratory. I actually think the present part is the best part to look forward to; plus being treated like a rockstar, having everyone nearly do everything that I ask for.

I feel more special. And that's always nice. And this year, I will be hitting a landmark which will cause me to check off another box during surveys. Heck!

But I'm glad that I've planned this upcoming event well, so far. Tickets are booked and hotels are reserved. I'm coming home!!!

It will also be the first birthday of my darling nephew. I might be a stranger to him, but I'm sure he can recognize my shrieking voice through our numerous Skype dates. Let's hope he doesn't cry like that first time I carried him in the hospital almost a year ago.
Then, it will also be April—my dad's first death anniversary (much delayed from the real date a year ago) according to the lunar calendar. It still seem like a nightmare. Don't wanna think about it.

So, one big thing is I'm not only bringing back two half-empty luggage, I'm also bringing back my boy toy! It's his first time, so please people be gentle with him. I'm not getting any younger so if you ruin my chances with him then I might have to move in with you then. wahahahahaha.

```````````````````````````````````````````

So I received this a few days ago!

It's from Anthropologie, one of my fav. stores in this country. And I'm sure most of you who have visited me have been introduced to this store. I signed up for their (free) member club thingy and though they rarely sent stuff out other than catalogs, they sent like the best stuff ever!

For my birthday month they sent me a card, printed on heavily-textured, beautiful card stock, with a cupcake design perforated in the middle and a birthday candle necklace!!! It was sooo sweet. Plus I get 15% off everything for one purchase this month. Guess I have to break my ban and go shopping behind the bf's back! Woohoo!!!

Oh well, they did piss me off major just about 2 weeks ago regarding an order that never arrived. I wrote back angrily and the customer service was actually very commendable. They are pretty quick and sincere. And they compensated my inconvenience with a gift card and someone proceeded to locate the item for me in their stores, and according to them, I should be receiving my beautiful lace slip in no time. I hope I get it tomorrow or sometime soon! This whole drama has been a month long and I'm just vain and I want my slip!

I know. It's a slip. Just a slip. But it was more of a matter of how I am treated rather then what the item was. Ok, all forgiven.

And yes, a lacy slip. Kinda girly for my taste but I guess I am turning girly-er and girly-er with age! More pink stuff now? Yes, please. As long as it's pretty!

;)

Aucun commentaire: