samedi, juillet 09, 2011

The Art of The Moment

Finally! I have time to read/re-read my books. I kinda forgot about the joy of reading for a while. Bad. Another thing I need to be aware of, if I ever forget myself in a relationship...

So I am reading The The Art of The Moment: Simple Ways to Get the Most from Life by Veronique Vienne and my beloved Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.

I want to share a great excerpt from the former:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gift of Forgetfulness

"Happiness? That's nothing more than health and a poor memory," said Nobel prize winner Albert Schweitzer. A doctor, musician, humanitarian, and philosopher, he reinvented himself time and time again.

Enjoy your memory lapses—they make each moment a second-to-none occurrence.

• Be here now: Live as if you won't remember tomorrow what you did today.

• Be carefree: Forget what you think you know and let the world take you by surprise.

• Be blessed: Forget what you want but enjoy what you get.

• Be popular: Forget to point out that you were right in the first place.

• Be memorable: Take for granted that most folks will forget what you said but will always remember how you made them feel.

• Be generous: Between friends, forget what must be forgotten.

• Be truthful: Don't lie and you won't have to remember a thing.

• Be forgiving: Forget the age of anyone over 35.

• Be modest: Forget to mention your accomplishments.

• Be ready: This is it. The rest is but a memory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wise words. Goodnight.

Aucun commentaire: