mardi, novembre 14, 2006

the end of his journey.

I guess I have a knack for bad events to fall upon me, this year especially. So people, pls, help me to countdown to the end of this year. I know I will be shouting my guts out at the New Year eve’s party. Because I know that when the ball drops, my life will no doubt take a 90 degrees turn for the BETTER.

I wonder if you, my loyal readers, remember the passing of Froggy No. 1 just this past July. Well, if u want to, go read back the very first entry for this blog. It was dedicated to him. And right after that I was given 2 new white tree frogs to accompany my life’s journey.

Yesterday was a sad day. I felt it with the incessant rain, very outta season behavior it was. Just yesterday, just that one day, it rained and rained. Millions and zillions little droplets of water fell like tears from the grey grey skies and landed on trees, grass, rooftops, cars and I. I love and hate rainy days. I love it when I am in my rain boots. I hate it when I am not in my rain boots.

But yesterday the rain happened for a different reason. It was saying goodbye to Froggy No. 2, it was expressing regret yet wishing him all the best. He has been sick for a little more than a week. And I guess he isn’t suffering anymore now. I hope.

I am sorry. I am so sorry. I tried, I fed him his medicine just like the vet said. I hand fed him chicken baby food. I felt that we were finally bonding when he wrapped himself around my finger and refused to let go. I was even amused by that. But I should have let him hold on to me longer. Then maybe he wouldn’t feel that cold or sick. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am so sorry.

I repeated that to him as I washed and prepared his stiff little body before I wrap him up in a towel softly. I tied it together with a black silk ribbon. And set my mind to bury him in the park near my workplace. It has plenty of sunshine and greens, a fountain and enough space when he wants solitude.

And I did, with two of my fav colleagues. One of them even laid a fresh red rose next to him.

This loss is hurting a lot.

~~~

to be dead, is the easiest part of life.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I am sorry to hear this gal.. dun be sad...

vane a dit…

I know how it feels to go thru the loss of someone/something dear. Don't be too sad. Talk to someone if you need to. Cheer up.