mardi, mars 20, 2007

Day 1 in Aloha Heaven

Hawaii was great... what else can I say? So let me tell ya about my little adventures on the Big Island of Hawaii, specifically Kona - the southwestern side.

(click on the photos for a more detailed view)

On transit from Honolulu to Kona, the sign I was waiting for the minute I touch down, found at the airport food court
Even the bathroom sign is cute.
Aerial view of Kona - the black stuff are the solidified lava that took over the land.
Anna & I
View of the condo's balcony we stayed atthe condo's bedroom
We rented this sweet red Jeep...yay!
Anna & I fooling around in the jeepShawn & I with a preggers kitty when we popped by the Painted Church
The Painted Church
One of the most beautiful sunset at the "Place of Refuge" - when in ancient times, people go there to seek sanctuary.
Coconut trees!
Sea turtle - wassup dude!
Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwww
We drove around for an hour and very very hungry tummys and finally found this place to eat - a swanky hawaiian restaurant which we had passed by numerous time but didn't wanna go coz it seemed too touristy. I was cranky hungry.

So, the first day was chill. It aint too exciting coz I was dead tired from the flight and from the lack of sleep the night before. I went to bed as soon as I can coz I know tomorrow is going to be challenging! We are going Volcano/magma/lava hunting!!! My sec sch geography teacher - Mrs Lim would be so proud of me.

oh I suddenly remember one funny thing though. We took the softop off the Jeep, but needed to put it back coz it was getting too windy/chilly in the evening. But Shawn and Anna spent about 30 fruitless mins trying to hook it back(while I - the tiny one - was snapping photos of the scenery). Finally we decided to ask a MAN to help. And all it took was 2 mins for him to figure out how the hook actually works. DAMN - it was embarassing! I am not going to bother to do anything myself next time if I have a man around, even changing a lightbulb, because that's what they are for. Men are tools!!!

1 commentaire:

cnmmnc a dit…

geez girl, is tt ur lesson of the day?! waht happened to girl power?? u put me to shame...原来你不过是个小女人..sigh..