dimanche, juin 10, 2007

#136

Wiser people always advise the ignorant to learn to pick themselves up after they fall down.

This afternoon I fell down on the pavement. I picked myself up immediately, checked for wounds and turned around, hoping no one saw me.

I didn’t realize I am so proud. I thought the humiliation will be a big part of the experience.

There was an elderly man on the bus, staring constantly at my knee wound. Until I finally get to my destination, I covered them up with band-aids.

I feel a little stronger, but still an idiot.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

I would have done exactly the same. And it goes for alot of situations. A

danielle bumblebee a dit…
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.
Danielle Bumblebee a dit…

u were fine! i hope the bandaid helped.. chris got worried though..

tip: for the past few years, i've fallen down (bumped against the wall, walked into walls, scraped my elbows against umm.. walls) say 100 times? n each time i felt nothing (but pain)! maybe u have to fall down more often so it becomes more funny than anything..