lundi, décembre 31, 2007

Adios 2007, my old friend. I hope I’ll never see some bits of you again.


Contrary to popular belief, this year has been extremely loooooooong. I sincerely can’t wait for it to be over even though that will bring me one step closer to the 3rd decade of my life. But not wanting to sound like an ingrateful... ...Thanks 2007, for all your crap, leading me to my newfound courage within.

I plan to welcome the new year and bid 2007 goodbye in true Vegas style — get monkey-drunk on the Strip, wake up next morning with beautiful strangers strewn all over the bed in a hotel suite in another continent, smiling.

There are BIG plans for 2008, my friends. BIG plans. Big, life-altering, weather-changing, money-cashing, brain-exploding plans installed for myself.

I am planning to be more efficient and stop denying myself of my creativity. The most important thing is to stop telling myself that I can’t achieve certain dreams. I am so stupid. Who am I to tell myself such things? Such a dumbass. Please don’t be such a dumbass to yourself too.

1. I am going to complete a sketchbook every 2 months. I was going to say 1 month but I think I shouldn’t set unrealistic goals. I have plenty of design/café/product-invention ideas swimming around my mind that I say I will jot them down but never. And you know what that means? Every time I forget 1 of those ideas/designs, I lose a chance to be a millionaire. Losing the chance to be a millionaire means I lose the chance to buy my own helicopter. Losing a helicopter means losing the chance to visit the private beach-y Caribbean island I bought for myself for Valentine’s Day. And that means I can’t bring any of you with me neither. That’s awful news for everyone.

2. I am going to master how to create Flash banners…in ACTIONSCRIPT! Some of you might not get what that means. My mom will never understand what that means. But heck! You don’t need to. Just be supportive.

3. All my loved ones are gonna get handmade gifts from me for the whole year. And mind you, they’re much more sincere and challenging than making a trip to the mall. I kick myself for not participating in the Handmade Pledge for X’mas in 2007. So I intend to embark in this ambitious pledge for 2008. If I end up not making the gifts myself, I would kindly acquire them from other artists. No more mass-produced crap from the Mainland! Vintage items and sex toys are rare exceptions. Especially the Canon Rebel DSLR and iMac desktop that I’m aiming for meself.

4. Save money. This is relevant to all the above points (see above). It is interrelated because they all will enrich me in the non-monetary inspirational sort of way and I’ll do away with pointless retail therapy really soon.

5. Focus on all the abovementioned resolutions.

6. Achieve number 5 to make sure I accomplish everything else.

7. Hurt myself really really really bad if I don’t achieve at least 1 point of the points numbered 1—4.

8. Stop eating so much of the MSG-laden Sotong crackers I stumbled upon at the local Asian supermart.

I stop at 8 coz’ it’s an auspicious number.


Happy holidays folks~ See you next year!


"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves."

1 commentaire:

yt a dit…

i gotta watch my wallet too... i hate decembers.

good luck w/ the action script... it's evil, i tell you.