samedi, décembre 08, 2007

"I'm at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk...."

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not going to go back to SG for X'mas and New Year's this year :(

Yes, I am sad too. I'm staying put and was gonna have a quiet & peaceful holiday until the 3 havoc homewreckers decided that they'll be coming. I'm scared. LOL

I realised Vegas is definitely a place where you live and get lotsa home guests. I even had to turn away some for the holidays. Oopsie!

~~~

So during thanksgiving, I took a solo roadtrip down to LA. I don't like the city at all coz' everytime I go there I lose something. This trip is no different either. I don't want to talk about it.

The best thing is I got Mr Big back in my arms (thanks to Mr Y) and met up with my good friends from SF. It was a crazy nonstop 36 hours.

I left Las Vegas at 515AM on thursday morning and reached Newport Beach in 4 hours. Finally met up with Sayaka after like a godzillion years and took a quick nap at Saori's place B4 a Ramen rendezous with Yoshi to pick up Mr Big. Made a shopping quickie @ Huntington Beach with the girls, picked up a lemon pie and had a sweet Thanksgiving bbq back at Saori's place.

Woke up early next morning to drop by Melrose for a business errand and met the rest of the gang for a wonderful lunch @Le Pain Quotidien in healthy organic style. Then I braved through the horrendous LA traffic to rush back to Vegas (5 painful driving hours with shaken-up Mr Big in the backseat) — Cousin Ming is scheduled to arrive at LAS that evening!

We had a BLAST! She unvoluntarily went shopping with me at the Outlet mall but int the end we both went a little crazy at the absurd sales going on. It was so fun to shop with someone (been doing that too long by myself).

I got to show her that Vegas has an awesome natural environment too by going to the Red Rock Canyon just minutes away from my apt. We had good time monkeying around, posing for stupid pictures and harassing the elderly while they're trying to hike(pointing accusingly at her). It started to get really cold and we left for a fabulous Monty Python's Spamalot show at the Wynn. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! You guys gotta watch it when you drop by. Then we spent the rest of the evening discovering Wynn over a drink at Parasol Down. Finally. It's my favorite spot on the strip ever.

She had to leave to go back to Skooool on Monday. boo hoo... I felt like her visit was way too short. But I'm glad we are a few more steps closer now and it'll be my turn to visit her New England side of town soon, I hope.

Overall it was an incredible weekend. Now, back to my hermit life.

1 commentaire:

t r i p l e eye l i d s a dit…

im gonna stay put in SF for the holidays...alone.... since you already have a crowd for the festivities *sniff*