jeudi, août 21, 2008

my first succulent garden

I wanna share a new project with ya. Firstly, let me show you where I've been getting my inspiration from:

This is from Martha Stewart.
This is from here.


This is for sale here.
So yay! If you've looked through my recent photos taken at LA with my cousin, you'll have noticed that we ventured into a sweet little nursery on 3rd street, Hollywood. I took the chance to score some cute succulents for this project and drove them back to the desert. At the nursery, we also smell what a real rose should smell like! So captivating! If you ever start a rose garden, please plant some "Star Roses"—because that's probably where L'occitane got its inspiration for its lovely and addictive "Roses des 4 Reines" range.
Have to take a picture to remember this especially fragrant species
The whiter one in the far back, that is a desert rose, had to bid goodbye while the 'tree-like' one in the foreground lost quite a few leaves because it's sooo fragile.
So happily we drove back and I only got to re-pot my buys after a while. Unfortunately, they did not survive well in the temporary plastic containers and one of them was sacrificed.........I'm sorry.

I had this gorgeous Heath Ceramics bowl that I scored while taking the mosaic class. It has a slight crack on the bottom that makes it not suitable for food so I've planned to use it for planting. Finally, my dream came true~

It's funny the soil stuck together when I try to remove them from the temporary plastic container. For the others that weren't, it has so hard not to destroy/hurt the plant while transplanting.Monsieur Gnome has a new home as his previous home was destroyed by natural catastrophe and human negligence.

Mine looks nowhere as perfect as my inspirations. I haven't got much time recently due to work commitments to get some pretty stones to lay on the soil surface. But the focus now is to make sure the plants are growing healthily and getting accustomed to their new home. I left plenty of wide open space for them to spread their roots and multiply! Hopefully 'Tres' grows more leaves, 'Cocoa' manages to stand up right soon and 'Webby' continues to flourish!

1 commentaire:

Danielle Bumblebee a dit…

CUTE! n to think they were merely mini plants in the sink when i was last there.. nice touch with the gnome