jeudi, août 21, 2008

Someone tie me up in all that pretty lace please.

I don't know why I do things to hurt myself.

For example, I go to the Prada website because I have itchy fingers. Only to fall in love with more of their shoes, bags and everything that's lovely.

I have to admit, I've never been a big fan of LACE. Anything lacy is just deemed too girlie for me and I always scoff at my girlfriends when they always manage to pick out the laciest top from the rack. And it's even worse when it's pink.

But look at the above photography. How can I NOT love it when presented in such inspiring and beautiful creations?
Not to mention, when Danielle was here a while ago, we were window-shopping along the boutique lanes of high-end fashion powerhouses. I saw the above Prada rectangular bowler bag (but in black/grey/white) displayed in the meticulously polished window, lovingly calling out my name. The spotlight only enhanced its magnificent craftsmanship and intricate details that brought on its price tag of an estimated 2000USD.

If only I didn't have to co-pay that stupid working visa, I could be cuddling this bag to sleep tonight!

Lace. This 4-letter word have rarely crossed my mind, or the lines of acceptance. Until recent years, since the neo-revival of its application in modern design, particularly in all those re-interpretation of classic creations. The rise of my interest with lace started with those modern baroque style found in furniture that are oh-so-cool, especially or only when they are in noir.

Like the 2003 Maarten Baas for Moooi Smoke Chair and matching chandelier. No, it's not laced up at all, but it does start to make me like designs that are highly ornate and extravagant in style. I used to be a Scandinavian/Swedish

I remember my then-bf and I swooning over it so much. We said we were going to get it for our future home, be it together or not. I'll make sure to send him a notification email when I get it before he does.
Remember my 2007 Annual X'mas Grassy Gift List (AXGGL)? Tsk tsk, not paying enough attention again. One of the things I listed was the Lace tape. In black. Because I still think white lace should only be reserved for granny, umbrellas or maybe sometimes, lightly, just a thin trim on a pair of panties.

Well, I'm a changed girl. Now I like my laces, but I do only take in light doses, one at a time (Prada items are exceptions).

1 commentaire:

Danielle Bumblebee a dit…

lace soooo rocks.. i draw the line with pink though.. no pink lace pls.. eyelets yes.. lace no (it's too much like cheap underwear don't u think?)..