dimanche, juillet 27, 2008

soon soon lee lee

Update: I swear this wasn't a passive-aggressive post! But the nicest owners of Soon Lee is going to award me with the groovy buttons afterall! YAY! Did I mention one-half of them is a long-lost pri. sch mate? Small miraculous world~

One of my fav. little must, must-stop by shops in SG is Soon Lee. It lives on the tiniest street in SG - Haji Lane, with custom decorated walls and columns so I know where to beeline too.
Recently, I read on their blog about their 1st anniversary where they celebrated with lollipops, ice-cream and fun fun fun. Too bad I wasn't in town.

So on their blog, the nicest lady boss asked readers to share, may I quote, "3 things in life you find most inspiring" and the 10 best answers will win pairs of cute custom-made fabric buttons! It turn out even more inspiring to read what other readers generously shared with the rest of the world.

It was really sweet when they decided to give all 24 entries buttons. I miss the post since my cousin's vacation became MY vacation. Dang! I could have been lucky. And of course, my kaypoh-ness didn't stop me from squeezing into the crowd. I had to share my opinions, like it or not. haha!

I wrote:
1. Nature - just look around
2. Love - things we will do and fight for

Then I hesitated for the last one. Really. No matter how many times I bitch about life being boring, slow, unmotivating...... I realised I was wrong. Then I thought about the bad things that had happened to me and how they've affected my choices, my perspective & my goals. Good things that occured and how I 'ctrl+s' them for strength, direction & clarity. So then I wrote—

3. Time - because I know I don't have forever. No one does.

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

hello from soon lee(!). hey can you drop us an email at soonleeinfo@gmail.com? we have a surprise for you!

Ruok a dit…

Very good answer! And I think u just won yourself the prize too :D