dimanche, septembre 28, 2008

Everyone's doing it (talking about politics, that is). So shall I.

"I am insert-any-name-of-any-self-righteous-politician, and I approved of this message."

Watching TV recently has taken its toll. I've been seeing too many political commercials which blatantly attacks their opponents. At first I think it's rather amusing as I could only dream of such public political sparring in Singapore! But now, 1++ months away from the election, I could only wish that it has happened already!

I remember on a dark cold windy night, about 4 years ago, I just finished my night class in college and was walking home. I'll never forget the night as I felt pretty angry about President Bush's win on his 2nd term over John Kerry. I also saw something/someone that night and that fueled even more hate (don't ask).

Although I'm not eligible to vote, although I'm not entirely interested in politics, although this is not my country, I thought I should at least care a little bit since I am unavoidably in this freaking country!

I watched the first Presidential debate on Friday night. I actually stumbled upon it, was looking for a more entertaining CSI-inspired show instead. Nothing else was on, so yeah, I allowed them to squabble in my living room.

From the first debate, I gathered a few thoughts:

  1. McCain lovingly started several(at least 5 times) rebuttals: "What Senator Obama doesn't understand is......"
  2. Obama stutters.
  3. I rather watch my nightly David Letterman and Craig Ferguson late night talk shows. Their monologues makes more sense than these debates.
  4. McCain is over-milking his sympathy card of a war hero and how he totally understands the single mother whose only son has heroically lost his life in Iraq for the country. But he has been a proud endorser of President Bush, so erm..........huh?

I am in no way an avid fan of the political game. I am just observing such as an average healthy heterosexual single working-class female couch potato in her 20s.

BTW, I had a great weekend sleeping over at my friends' lovely home playing the new uber cool RockBand II on Xbox. I've managed to "tour" many US cities with my "band", learn to play "guitar" and is advancing to be a "Medium" level player. We also attended a fun & meaningful Buddy Walk charity event for Down Syndrome kids earlier this afternoon before treating ourselves with a bukkit KFC and A&W Rootbeer floats. Yums.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

i wanna rockz band too! reckon i could quite a drummer! mwahahahahaha