vendredi, avril 06, 2007

Birthday laughs~

The only reason I can conjure up of why we celebrate birthdays is survival.

We rejoice to the fact that we had successfully survived XX number of years — give ourselves a strong pat on the back, and then go to bed only to wake up to another tomorrow when we continue fighting.

Fun, isn’t it?

The only associated bonus is people being exceptionally nice to the birthday person.

And I had a whole week of that.

Well, maybe only one person was mean to me. Or rather, a whole group of them up there was waiting, to jump on me unsuspectingly, when I thought life was just getting to be a tad sweeter following my trip to Hawaii. Bad news from afar…did you really really have to do that?

With that said, just try to just focus on the positive for once, in this blog, and let me share some silly moments of MY week, this year.

had celebratory lunches with colleagues on different days, and on the legitimate day itself, I got a *free* half day off. Actually, I didn’t do much on the supposed working half of the day, except bask in glory of the cupcakes that the slut made me.


Sunshine & I
40 of them, all gone in 5 seconds as soon as I blew off the candles. Vultures, I would call them, as I have to fight to hoard 4 for myself, abusing my superior birthday authority.
Then I scoot away at noon, for a long overdue visit to the de Young museum which is holding a special Vivienne Westwood exhibit. The walk to the museum was very delightfully green as it is situated in the Golden Gate Park. And of course, my day has a perfect sunny day.My dinner - proscuitto pizza @ firewood
Following that is a well-deserved entree of a 90 minutes session full body massage. Not long enough I have to say.
And the cherry on icing for the night would be catching Will Ferrell’s latest movie — Blades of Glory!!! Also in the movie was Jon Heder, better known as Napoleon Dynamite. That movie got me hooting and laughing in hysterics. I forgot every problem I have, for the entirety of the movie. Gosh… …

Then I reached home and saw the box vcd of Happy Birthday, the Chinese movie by Rene Liu and Louis Koo, which I particularly went to buy on the eve of the bday. It was opened, but unwatched, sitting on my coffee table. See, it was my plan to watch it alone on my birthday, so I can cry myself to sleep. But in the end, I have no courage to watch it. Because I already know how sad it is going to make me, I don’t think I will need to really watch it.

The next day (Saturday) was the day for the official party. Sayaka decided to have it at her place, inviting everyone to come and be merry. She has just finished her tedious architectural tests and needed the drinks. And indeed, friends, colleagues, ex-colleagues and some strangers were there to give me their best wishes. I got drunk and started yelling at everyone, with joy, of coz. Got a bunch of nice presents, a fruity cake and most important of all, a balloon.
Honestly, I was waiting the whole freaking week for a balloon. Seriously. I just bought one for my manager’s birthday a week ago.
My Jimmy's bday
And remembered how fun they could be. The first one that Yoshi got me escaped en route, and I drunkedly yelled at him so much that his gf went to get one more when she dropped by after that mishap. Heeeheee. I felt powerful, and satisfied.




It was actually Geisha's bday on the 31st. I gave her that bacon flavored bone.

At the end of the party I was playing Super Mario Brothers 3 until sayaka came to turn off the TV (!!! Just like my mom in the past !!!) and someone had to drag my silly drunk ass home.
AAahhhhhh…happy birthday to me.

Aucun commentaire: