lundi, avril 16, 2007

politiks

I read this post, initially linked on a Singaporean blog MrBrown. Tracked down to the original full post and really liked it.

STFU
So the MIWs got their massive ministerial pay hike (not that things were going to turn out any different).

Whoopdedamndo.

Now shut the fuck up and get out of my face.

I don’t want to hear anymore about your justifications and rationalisations. Obviously you guys have no intention of listening to any of the people, so why should we the people listen to you. As someone once said, this has ceased to be a conversation. You tells us what you want and you go ahead and do it whether we the people like it or not. So what’s there to say. So shut the fuck up and enjoy your riches. Just don’t tell me you are doing this for my own good or for the good of the country.

For the past 2 friggin days, the ST has daily devoted 5-8 pages to the MIWs justifications for the minsterial pay hikes. Enough of that already.

Shut the fuck up.

You’ve got your money, but must you also have the last word as well. Take your fucking money and go fucking choke on it. Just shut the fuck up and get out of my face. I am sick of your bullshit.

I knew that things weren’t going to be any different this time, but still the idealist in me were hoping, just hoping maybe for once the MIWs were going to listen to the people this one time. That maybe respect, gratitude and the admiration of an entire nation is worth more than the couple of million dollars they were going to get. Well I guessed wrong.

Sometimes I have dinner at a coffeeshop near my house and there would be this old lady. Hair all white, back bent over with age. And she would be going from table to table collecting the empty drink cans to exchange it for money. Its hard for me to eat looking at her. I’d like to help, but she only wants my empty drink can and not my money. She may be old, she may be poor, but she still have her pride. And I can’t help but wonder, what exactly is our millionaire ministers doing for her and the thousands like her.

Am I exaggerating?

read on

I think a lot of younger Singaporeans feel tha same way too. Younger as in in their 30s and 20s, starting to understand the dirty nature of politics in our country. At a point we are not doing too much to change it, but I can feel the winds starting to blow. Hope by the time I move back, the revolution will begin. It will be the time of our lives.

Aucun commentaire: