lundi, janvier 26, 2009

Contrary to popular belief,

I did actually have a nice group of local friends who are not Chinese at all, but accepted my invite to join me for a super nice Chinese New Year's eve reunion dinner.

The only Chinese thing about that night is me and the fact that it is Chinese New Year's Eve. Otherwise, we had Japanese food. Haha. There is the choice between Sukiyaki and Shabu-Shabu. I picked the former. And then Lissy had to break out into the song:" It's all because of you. I'm feeling sad and blue. You went away, now my love is just a rainy day......" Dude, do you guys remember this cover hit by 4 P.M. back in the hey days of the early 90s?

Anyways.

It was a little hard to DIY coz the pot was a little far from the table. My hands were getting tired pretty quick. But in the spirit of the festive season, I stopped complaining.And the weird thing is we have to sit in a row. This is my right side of my friends. Below is the left side of the dinner. It was a bit inconvenience to chat. But we just yell around. I'm quite happy and grateful.

1 commentaire:

Clara a dit…

Happy Lunar New Year to you too! :)