jeudi, janvier 29, 2009

Posted Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:03 PM

From Where I Sat - An Unscientific Roundup
Katie Connolly

I was fortunate enough to be in the Orange section of the crowd at today's inauguration ceremony--yep, right down the front, on the southwest side of the Capitol. I couldn't really see much, and you've probably seen the best shots on TV already and heard the enormous applause and spontaneous "O-ba-ma" and "Yes We Can" chants. But for those who weren't lucky enough to be in the crowd, I thought you might enjoy a completely unscientific wrap-up of what I heard in the crowd around me.

  • Person who got a surprisingly passionate series of boos: Joe Lieberman
  • Person who got a surprisingly enthusiastic cheer: Colin Powell
  • Person who I thought would get a few cheers but was greeted with silence: John McCain
  • Person who elicited the funniest heckles: Dick Cheney
  • Person who got an uncomfortable spattering of golf claps and a few boos (and many boos in other sections): George W. Bush
  • People outside of the Obama family who got the biggest cheers: Bill and Hillary Clinton
  • Former official, outside of the Clinton family, who got the biggest cheers: Al Gore
  • Line of Obama's speech that elicited the biggest cheer (in my section): "We say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you."
  • Runner up for most popular line (amongst people in my section): "Know that your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy."
  • Most amusing insult to naughty people trying to cut in line: "Obama can see you!"
  • Loudest exclamation of relief as Marine One took off, carrying Former President Bush one last time: "I can breathe again!"
Sorry I lost where I got this article from, so I don't have the link :(

Aucun commentaire: