jeudi, août 02, 2007

Grubber's July — Bar-be-que!

So it is the time of the month again~ Hee hee, not that, but food club time!

It’s BBQ themed and held at Elissa’s house in the East Bay – Oakland (O-town! As I love to call it affectionately). The peeps started trickling in around 4pm and while everyone started on the hostess’ special brew of Ginger Mix (some weird combo of ginger beer, vodka, line juice and stuff). I prepared my dish of vegetable skewers (so easy huh?).

If you've forgotten, Grubber’s Monthly is food club amongst some friends where everyone takes a turn to host it, choosing the theme. And everyone else has to bring one homemade dish. One dish per person. No couples’ making-it-together Bull Crap. We are really strict on this. The participants are mainly girls and the guests are usually the host’s friends or dates.

By the way, August is my turn! I'm having an Asian themed party and I am making those white people cook asian. Will be interesting... ...



Shawn pretending to be Asian.
The fat cat named Kitty


My skewers



the ribs
Also, it was Leanne’s and Eben’s birthday week. So I ordered a super special from Bumblebee. Strawberry Shortcake with zesty cream cheese and DAMN was it good!!!






Shawn’s St Louis Baby Back Ribs were clearly a favourite. Have you have homemade grilled ribs where the meat just falls off the bone when you first bite in? No? You’re obviously missing out. Elissa made really good Korean style beef short ribs too. And of course, I left the party with a bloated tummy to go to another dinner party in Berkeley.

I had to! It was RAMEN and James is in town visiting from NYC. Can’t miss out.

So I went home with a double bloated tummy. I will never be able to get rid of it. People, you guys just have to accept this fact.

***

Besides this, I have been running around like a headless chicken.

A same-network agency moved into our space. We’ve unofficially merged (they are swallowing us up). The move was on Monday, which didn’t help to ease the severe ache in my head and body sore from the spiritual healing I had on Sunday.

Yes yes. I believe in those stuff. Shawn happened to have influenced me a lot. And at this stage of my messed up life, I do feel its significance and the healing session did help. Just that I had released so much of my bottled-up stress and pain that my body was totally exhausted from the cleansing experience. Today, I feel much better! Much clearer actually, in what I want in my life, which path to take, which decision to make, and which asshole to get rid of.

This is the first time in months when I am actually feeling a little optimistic for life. Just a little bit.

***

Speaking about path, I flew to Las Vegas on Tuesday. And no, I did not go for a Cirque du Soleil show or to collect some winnings. I actually went there for a job interview. Which turned out pretty smooth and much better than I expected! So, if the stars align, my ass might be there pretty soon. Stay tuned!

Aucun commentaire: