samedi, août 25, 2007

Heath Ceramics — MOSAIC WORKSHOP!!!

I was glad to find out that the local fabulous ceramics factory is holding a Mosaic workshop! I love Mosaics. When I open my cafe, I want the walls and tabletops to be all mosaics. And also the bathroom of my future home! Isn't it going to be so awesome!!!

Yay!!!

It is a 2 days workshop, taught by Lisa, who also works at Heath. And their stuff are all so exquisite (and pricey!). It's all handmade and all made in the old school, traditional style. PLs visit their website to read more.

So I picked up L who joined me in this exciting adventure. And finally I got to step inside. The shopaholic in me wants to buy everything in the store when we got there.

But we had to attend the class first, so I exerted my self-discipline, very strongly.

There was vintage Eames chairs stacked in corners. I love this place even more now.



Looking around to pick our very own private stash. We even got to use the really high-quality Heath tiles (included in the cost of this workshop).
My goodies.
This part lets me hammer out all the frustrations of the past hectic work weeks.

Our work stations. Had to be standing the whole day. the 12 x 12 concrete slab is what I will be working on. More suitable for a garden step but I decided to do a center piece for my coffee table.
Piece by piece. These round Pennies are shorter than the usual tile so I have to stack an additional piece of mirror plus the cement to have an even height with the tiles I will be using later.

My masterpiece in the works.

L's beautiful floral arrangement.

So we are going to be doing the grouting tomorrow. Then I shall reveal my astonishing piece to the world and behold! You may be blinded.

Wish me fun tomorrow!

And also, I decided I HAVE to do some shopping there, since there's a lot of discounted stuff at the factory store.

p.s. Today marks my 6th year anniversary in San Francisco.

This and this would be appropriate.

3 commentaires:

t r i p l e eye l i d s a dit…

i love mosaic!!!!!cant wait to see your masterpiece :)

p.s. can help me clear my mailbox on the 28th? thanks gf!

cnmmnc a dit…

Cant agree more with you...mosaic is the epitome of ceramic artistry! looking forward to see your works...but dont buy the entire collection back, restrain yourself mosaic-natic~

cool website sia.

Danielle Bumblebee a dit…

omg.. i should've joined u for this class.. it looks sooo fun!