vendredi, avril 18, 2008

LV vs SFO vs NYC

So the 4 of us gathered again, after so long, in my city to resume our monkey business.

David Burke's egg-fetish-y restaurant + lounge at the Venetian.
Ultra relaxation by the artificial waterfall at Parasol Down (my fav place on the strip)
Gangstas at Red Rock Canyon
Fooling around in front of Siegfred + Roy outside the Mirage.

Thanks for coming over guys! It's been too long.

Sayaka, Yoshi + James are the crucial people who I hang out with during my SF days. I've known S practically since SF day 1 (okay, maybe its Day 3 but whatevar).

I think when you meet good people from different parts of the world like that, it takes a tiny bit more effort to maintain the friendship and embrace the differences between. And that's the beauty of it. When you're truly sincere and concern and tight likethis, you don't need to be in each other's face every other day. You don't need a phonecall or email every week. Because when that phone rings, you pick up and straight away you resume into that comfortable warmth feeling, knowing that the person on the other line is someone you can laugh + cry, trust + bitch to.

Not forgetting the ones that I left behind, the ones who've been standing by me for.like.ever. How the days + months + years flew by during my absence and still are my bitchest 38-est bestest girlfriends I can ever ask for.

champagne?

I had a beer for lunch which made me red all over for the following hours at work. Why did I have a beer? Because it's Friday and a very nice girl whom I've just befriended at work is leaving the agency to do some backpacking in Central America. Darn. Just when we're getting chummy. That beer made me thirsty for more during the afternoon and my colleagues were laughing at me. Then more bad news followed. About 5 people were canned as we lost a major client and Recession is peeking in. I immediately lost my thirst for beers (I thought it should've been the opposite), declined to join the after-layoffs drinking fest so I can go home to be alone.

No. No worries. I think my position is pretty secure.

But yes, retrenchment sucks even though it's not me.

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

after-layoff drinking... somehow that feels odd...

thx for the good times in lv :-) next: 7/4!