jeudi, mars 06, 2008

Sew how?

According to my 2008 resolution, I have to handmake or ask other ppl to hand make all the presents I am gifting this year. SO. I am trying lor~
The first one up is my dear Mom (very appropriate to be my guinea pig). So I decided to make a huge pillow case for her. I didn't realise exactly how long 28" is, but it is huge and well, she needs one for the pillow on her bed anyways. So I found this amy butler's free pillowcase pattern to follow and did some revisions base on my own preference (like the zipper closure).
I have to say sewing is actually very easy. Coz' there is the sewing machine! I would probably take me only half a day to finish this project but first I started with no sewing machine so I was sewing by hand. HA! Did I mention this is a 28" x 28" pillowcase? So then I decided to drive to Target to get the cheapest one they have. It's only $20 in the end. But I broke the needle after a while. Yes. It was intense.Monkey insisted on posing inside. Looks comfy.

So yeah, my mom received the pillowcase. Haven't had the chance to ask for her critique but in the end my papa told me that he is the one who lies on the pillow more than her -_-"

Second project up is for Couz Mingming. And this NYC/Providence trip was gladly planned to coincide with her Bday. And I am glad my new sewing guide book has a very appropriate pattern gift for her — A Tool Kit for the artist.

In the end I think I did a pretty good job this round. It turned out very easy and I added the red button for a little of MY flair. The only thing I regretted was making the pockets too shallow so I change the design by leaving the top open for her to put in anything bigger.

Impressed?

You can leave me a comment if you have something you want me to make for your bday or I will be choosing it. I think my next projects will be a ton of bday presents for the girls, baby gifts and custom curtains for a friend's VW bus... exciting!

People think I got a lot of time. I think so too~

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

oh my.. im impressed.. you can sew me anything gal! you can start setting up your store on Etsy babe! yun

t r i p l e eye l i d s a dit…

the VW project sounds like the MOST EXCITING one of all XD
btw can take some pictures for me? especially the interior. i'm working on a project based in the 60s... when else right

Rachel a dit…

Wow. Nice!!!