mardi, juin 03, 2008

A load off my shoulders!

*Alert! Super long post this is.*

I finally married off my older brother!!!

Wahahahaha...was getting a little worried that I would have to listen to him whine and whine all the time about lonliness but HENG ah~

(or issit the other way round? heehehee)

Anyways...the whole day was very interesting and stressful (a bit lah) as it's the first wedding that my family organised. I didn't know what I am supposed to help with except sitting pretty and act cute.
Puppy feeling a little happy confused that they all dress in the same color as her.
The day started soooooo early wor~ at 430 AM when he had to go fight for his bride. I didn't go lah. I was even 5 mins late, so I missed the part when the bride enters my parent's place officially for the first time at 645AM and everyone had to hide in the rooms. They are not supposed to see her enter, that's what they say.
Then we all rested. I meant them, as we waited till 9AM for the elders to all arrive so that the couple can start the tea ceremony. And finally I came in useful by helping to wash, pour and serve the tea.
We have a good amount of relatives, so it even got divided into part 1 and 2. Then we finally got to eat the yummy buffet lunch and I managed to play a few rounds of Mahjong which ended up being the only time I played throughout the trip.
My two crazy friends visiting from San Francisco, Anna + Shawn— getting into the crazy-asians-posing mood.

Then now the Evening part.

We have a honeymoon suite + somemore coz' they booked the big ballroom at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Marina. We arrived at 6Pm coz my mom got to get her makeup and hair done by the stylist, while her daughter (me) does her own in the vanity area.

Had the time to take some candid behind-the-scene shots.

The bride still can act cute despite being late. First, she forgot to bring facial cleanser so she couldn't clean off the morning's makeup until right b4 the makeup artist for the evening wear arrive. Then she also forgot her cancan—the round wire for the bottom of her wedding dress. Luckily Anna+Shawn were still at the apt so they brought it with them.

Must praise her for being able to keep calm throughout the whole day. I don't think I see her panic at all. Even though she had two major zits, she said that she has *see open* and will not fret the small things. GOOD. Luckily she didn't transform into a bridezilla or else we all jialat.
Then the whole evening become a little blurry to me. It happened so fast— things are really different when you're on the other side of the party. I walked around a little too much in my new 3-inch red patent heels. Had to say hi to all my parent's friends who has only heard, and never seen me. Catching up with old friends and distant relatives made me have to eat my dinner with lotsa interruptions. But I have to say the food was very good, esp. the mystery soup that I cannot remember.

My younger pig brother was supposed to help. But instead he was held captive by my girlfriends who were fighting to take pictures with him! I guess they have known him since he was a baby and is amazed by how much he has grown now!!! Plus he is going to get enlisted soon! OMG.

not fair wor~ why am I not as tall as my brothers?

We didn't get to sit together as a family during the dinner (I still and will protest that till the end of my life. Will not let that happen if I ever get married). I remember I have to yell a few times to get the attention of my mom or dad, or brothers. And I was having a sore throat.

Plus my tight tight tight dress didn't help. I don't think I've have gained any weight but that seems to be the consensus throughout the night. My dress has a corset-ed top part and I could hardly breathe if I eat more. So I kinda stopped towards 3/4 of the dinner courses. Yes, you can call me fat if you want. But it's still invalid.

Another funny thing — some relatives said I look more Caucasian now than ever. because I'm living in a country full of them, eating and drinking the same things!!! My gosh! That's nuts! It's my colored hair lah duh~

I think my parents both had a great time (I know for sure I did). In the end, there was no freakouts or whatsoever. I'm glad they enjoyed their fruits of labour (the children + the wedding plans), being so proud and all.
I had to take this full length photo so you can see my pretty sexy shoes. I wonder when will I ever wear them again. Also, that's my hiao 38 hot cousin who is super skinny now!!! Ah-hui, if you're reading this, pls take care of your health! And come visit me soon so I can cook for you.

Also a BIG Thank You to all my girlies who showed up to offer their blessings! It was also a great chance for me to see all of them b4 I had to fly off the day after, and to dress up! Lesie knows most of my girls since we all grew up together. I secretly fear and wish that he might marry one of my friends! wahahahahaa. That would have been really farney........

Oh well. There's one thing I gotta admit. I have a real good feeling about this marriage. My brother did looked super happy, and drunk by the end of the night—a perfect way to end it. I'm extremely happy for him that he has found a lifelong partner who can tolerate and understand him. Same goes for my sister-in-law. Heehee. Should I just call her "Da Sao!" from now on?Because I know it'll embarrassed her a bit. Especially since I'm much older than her!

More photos in my flickr. Click the link on the side bar to view.

1 commentaire:

Jaschocolate a dit…

When you said "bridezilla", i thought of the movie, "27 dresses".. hehehee..

Congrats to your brother.. ^_^