dimanche, juin 08, 2008

Do Re Mi Fa Sew!

The idea of making felt envelopes came to me as I looked at my Japan-bought version and thought:"I looooooove this! But I only bought 1, so what can I do?"

The answer: Luckily I'm blessed to fall in love with something I think I can make. But this is so not going to happen like that. 

There isn't a faboo Britex in town. So I have to source my fabrics at the local neighborhood occasionally-friendly Jo-Ann's Fabric Store. Found out that woolen felt is much more sturdy (and expensive) than synthetic felt. But wool it is......


Instead of making a plain one I decided to vamp it up a little with my growing collection of ribbons and buttons. (Did I mention that when I went to the Jo-Ann's near to my place it was having a closing down sale and I bought about 10 rolls of ribbons? Do not panic. There're still other Jo-Ann's outlet for me to go to. haha!)


I think I will need a new sewing machine soon.


My felt envelopes

After some cut cut cut, paste paste paste and sew sew sew, I made 3 in different sizes altogether. The biggest one is modeled after my original Jap version to hold documents. But I added the button-closure in as I do not have the riveting tools to make snap closures yet. The smaller ones are made up by me to hold knick-knacks. I gave the smallest to YYY as part of her bday. I intended to give the other two to Jan and Karen but I forgot to gift it even though I wrapped, labeled and brought it with me to all the way SG! Damn old age and senility! 

This project didn't take me much longer than 1 night's time to make this set. If I receive enough positive feedback, I shall quit my job and make these for a living.

Peace Out.

3 commentaires:

Jaschocolate a dit…

They are super nice~~~ ^_^

karenthecat a dit…

its your sweet sweet thought that counts!! muaks

Anonyme a dit…

hey hey gurl..... can I place orders for the felt envelopes? :) Lurveee them.... so cute and creative!