dimanche, juin 29, 2008

know what's bad(and itchy) for you.

This is not the first time. And now, I definitely suggest each and everyone of you to go get an allergy test to find out what's bad and bad for you.

My first experience was with poppy seeds. Yummy! Poppy seeds. Not only do they taste good, they make you feel good.......... when you have like 50 poppy seed bagels! And you also know it's wonderful when our govt. adds it to the list of banned/controlled items.

Every Monday morning I charge to the agency's kitchen for my weekly fix of poppy seed bagels. I didn't know why I liked it that much, and I also didn't know why I get this hardly-visible, yet extremely irritating itchy skin rash on my legs and arms that looks like I have a permanent case of goose-bumps.

It continued up to the illuminating point of the realization that this vicious cycle repeats itself every Monday morning without fail. (actual conscious post here.)

Bugger! I added poppy seeds to my flourishing list of unique allergens — cats, stupid boys and bananas.

Oh well, now that I think I'm older and wiser, I victimized myself again in a similar fashion. The culprit, this time is Maleleuca oil, otherwise known affectionately as the miraculous Tea Tree oil. It was given to me in goodwill, for its well-known healing properties and I was only too relieved to have a lifesaver with me at all times.

Ah! Before you sue me for defamation, let me tell you why your wonder drug is essentially my unspeakable poison. 
  1. I had a mild irritation on my ultra-cool nose pierce after a major sinus flare-up. I put your wonder oil on affected areas which, upon my current realization, caused a unknown skin reaction to the surrounding areas. Thus it led to a re-occuring infection that let me to applying even more of the wonder oil that led to the ultimate removal of my nose pierce. (actual conscious post here.)
  2. In Bali, I sat by the beach to watch the sunrise and undecidedly fed the entire local mosquito population. Ppppfffffft! It's just mosquito bites, it'll go away after 1-2 days of mild discomfort. But I apply some of the wonder oil just to speed thing up coz' I have a major wedding to go to and Voila! patchy inflammable skin emerges all around for everyone to enjoy. It only healed after 3 weeks of my new 'no-meds, no-scratch' policy and scarring (!) is a whole other biatch.
  3. My lovely couch decides to unleash a killer nail's end at its most frequented corner and proceeds to slash the back of BOTH of my ankles in an attempt to cripple and then trap me in its arms. It was very hurtful, but when confronted, it just kept silence knowing that it has already won. Anyways, I applied the wonder oil and grew very suspicious when rashes start to manifest. It was the burning rashes that almost killed me, whereas the wounds just turned slightly swollen and crusty, doing its own thing. 
Now that I know, I took some Benadryl to ease the itching, applied the good old boring, tried-&-tested Neosporin Plus for the cuts and will hold a spirited disposal ceremony to free myself from that deceiving little bottle of evurrrrrrrrrl!

So it's time for an allergen test (depending on how expensive it'll be) and find a local nose piercer who wants to see me cry.

2 commentaires:

Clara a dit…

i love poppy seed bagels too! and orange poppyseed cake. i love poppy seed anything. heh.

and my fav filling with my poppyseed bagel is chicken and celery mayo (all diced and mushed up of course)

agrasshopper a dit…

crazy woman! then u must be high all the time. hiak hiak hiak..........